Are there video tutorials or other resources to help me?
Yes! Download the free multitouch book Share Your Thinking. It has videos, step by step instructions and teaching tips.
Is Math Shake aligned with the Common Core Standards?
Math Shake is designed with sound, modern math curricula in mind and is entirely compatible with the Common Core Standards. The following Common Core Standards are particularly applicable to Math Shake:
- CCSS.MATH.PRACTICE.MP1 Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- CCSS.MATH.PRACTICE.MP2 Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- CCSS.MATH.PRACTICE.MP3 Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- CCSS.MATH.PRACTICE.MP4 Model with mathematics.
- CCSS.MATH.PRACTICE.MP5 Use appropriate tools strategically.
- CCSS.MATH.PRACTICE.MP6 Attend to precision.
- CCSS.MATH.PRACTICE.MP7 Look for and make use of structure.
Read about these standards on the Common Core Standard Website.
How does Math Shake align with the NUMPA framework?
- Beginner: Stage 3 (Counting from One)
- Easy: Stage 4 (Counting On)
- Confident: Stage 5 (Early Additive Part Whole)
- Whiz Kid: Stage 6 (Advanced Additive)
- Pro: Stage 7 (Advanced Multiplicative)
- Genius: Stage 8 (Advanced Proportional)
Have you got a question we haven't answered here? Contact us and we'll do our best to help.
Can Math Shake track my student or child's progress?
The screen recording feature in the whiteboard is designed to give you lots of useful information on how your students solve problems. Uploading these videos to the student's blog, Google Drive or Dropbox can provide fantastic archival proof of learning and progress (this is something we use in our classroom to inform future teaching).
A graphic summary of progress (graphs! charts! tables!) is something we're thinking about adding to Math Shake. If this, like any future feature, is something you'd find useful please write to us to let us know!